IS anyone able to contact Pay Pal directly anymore??

zlloyd1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello again all, I am still having a concern about the recent, I think, changes to Pay Pal's customer service, and would appreciate any advice on how to proceed with my problem....

Once AGAIN, I tried to log into my account page and was stopped by a 'Security Challenge' asking me to select the boxes with certain items in them. Unfortunately, no matter how many times I got it right, it just kept opening more and more boxes to check. This continued for like 30 tries, before I was allowed to go to my account, so I wanted to contact them about this. Also unfortunate is that their hours of operation had closed, and I was left with only the option of using that broken, worthless 'Message Center', which will only let you ask a very limited number of different questions, or it will default to telling you to call them during normal hours.

I HAVE tried to call them before, and found that they do not even bother to answer their telephones anymore, and let automated robots do that too. You cannot get anything done with a Support robot, because they can only tell you hat to do if everything is working correctly. Sadly, Pay Pal has sunk so far that almost nothing works correctly anymore. Their account site is trash, their services are often trash as well. They cannot even figure out how to implement a functional 'Security Challenge' on their websites anymore.

Is Pay Pal dead or dying??

Also, if anyone can explain to me how to get in real touch with them, and not with some robot, that would be just Disco.

Thanks in advance!!

PS. I had to do another of those ridiculous broken security challenges here to post this 😞

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@zlloyd1 

I had to do it once about 10 times, in the end when it kept telling me i was wrong ( i wasn't) I just clicked to refresh the page and I was logged in !!!

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

zlloyd1
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

Tried that, but refreshing the page just started the whole thing over again....

Also, I keep getting notifications of a new login by Email, even though I have always used this same computer / browser!!

Login to Me Too

zlloyd1
Contributor
Contributor

Alright so, I tried to call during their advertised operating hours to speak to someone there but all I got (SHOCKING) was a robot who kept telling me to try thew Help Center, and leave a message, but none of the provided options there are what I need to ask.

Then the stupid robot just hung up on me.

This ridiculous excuse for a company as completely given up on customer support haven't they?? They just want to let automated robots handle everything now, but they have not coded these robots to understand anything.

You have absolutely no chance of getting any help from PayPal anymore, unless you try Facebook, which they also do not respond to, or Twitter, which they ignore as well.

Have they just laid off all of their customer support people, or something??

They refuse to answer the phone, they do not reply to Facebook / Twitter inquiries, and their Message Center scam, answers all question by offering to send you a link to reset password.

Has PayPal completely gone out of business, or what?? They just sit around, and laugh at their clients completely, and expect to stay on top, I suppose!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.