IMPORTANT: Confirm your info by <date> to keep you Paypal balance

Deo3560
New Community Member

Hi, I just received an e-mail saying I need to confirm my info to keep my paypal balance. Normally I would discard this e-mail as fast as I can, but it looks like it is from paypal's official e-mail  (which I can't type out in this website for some reason) which comparing it from past e-mails is Paypal's e-mail they use to communicate and they address me by my full name in the e-mail which is not done often by scammers. It does look pretty professional in formatting and everything, but I'm not just about to go enter my information that Paypal should already have, again... But if my balance is about to be cut off, I mean, I'd like to know, so I can transfer it to my bank account before the date...

Any information would be great, thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Deo3560 

If there is a link for you to click on in the email then DO NOT use it.

Go to your paypal account and log in normally, if paypal want you to update anything then it should be in there in the message or resolution centre.

Could be something to do with this policy...

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/what-can-i-do-with-my-personal-paypal-account,-paypal-ca...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.