IAT PayPal Payment shows in Bank account but not in PayPal account

Johnsonapple
Contributor
Contributor
I have multiple IAT PayPal payments in my bank account that does not show up in my PayPal account I have looked at both payments I'm being charged for the items let's say $10 and then now another payment popped up for an IAT payment let say $6 extra to the same person so why did I buy a product for $10 and then magically have and other $6 added to it under IAT this does not make no sense and in some cases in my bank account the IAT payments are pay doubled to the same person and none of this is shown in PayPal's activity, account nowhere is this right- is there just some hidden fee I didn't know about or is this a scam - do I need to contact PayPal or my bank
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_JonK

Hello @imagic5 and everyone, 

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! I'm sorry to hear there's been some confusion regarding some recent unrecognized transactions. I can understand how concerning unauthorized transactions must be. I'd be happy to point you in the right direction. 

If you see a transaction on your PayPal account you don't recognize. We normally recommend opening an unauthorized dispute through our Resolution Center. However, if the transaction is on your bank or card's end and not on your PayPal account, we do normally recommend reaching out to your bank or card company to see what dispute options are available. When PayPal receives the dispute through that proper forum, we're able to take necessary actions needed to dispute the transaction and potentially disable that funding source from PayPal. Also, since that card or bank is potentially compromised, it's best to report that with your bank as well to get a new bank or card number. 

To answer a question posed earlier in this thread regarding fees - if there is a fee charged by PayPal for a specific transaction, it will be charged with the transaction in the PayPal account it should be charged in. It will not be charged externally to any specific funding source. 

I hope that clears everything up. If you still have a few questions, please feel free to reach out to our Customer Support teams for assistance with the information supplied above. 

Cheers, 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Johnsonapple,

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member! 

Your question is very account specific and we would be unable to tell you why this has happened over a public forum. I would suggest contacting us via Facebook - https://www facebook.com/PayPalUK/, Twitter - @AskPayPal., email or phone and we would be happy to advise.

- Siobhan

Login to Me Too

imagic5
Contributor
Contributor
What are you talking about, Siobhan? "Account specific"??? Over 120 people slap have this problem. Maybe that's not a whole ton on a social level but specificity denotes a single event, which this is not. How can OP and the other 120 people, myself included, sort this out?
Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_JonK

Hello @imagic5 and everyone, 

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! I'm sorry to hear there's been some confusion regarding some recent unrecognized transactions. I can understand how concerning unauthorized transactions must be. I'd be happy to point you in the right direction. 

If you see a transaction on your PayPal account you don't recognize. We normally recommend opening an unauthorized dispute through our Resolution Center. However, if the transaction is on your bank or card's end and not on your PayPal account, we do normally recommend reaching out to your bank or card company to see what dispute options are available. When PayPal receives the dispute through that proper forum, we're able to take necessary actions needed to dispute the transaction and potentially disable that funding source from PayPal. Also, since that card or bank is potentially compromised, it's best to report that with your bank as well to get a new bank or card number. 

To answer a question posed earlier in this thread regarding fees - if there is a fee charged by PayPal for a specific transaction, it will be charged with the transaction in the PayPal account it should be charged in. It will not be charged externally to any specific funding source. 

I hope that clears everything up. If you still have a few questions, please feel free to reach out to our Customer Support teams for assistance with the information supplied above. 

Cheers, 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Kimrid
Contributor
Contributor
What is an IAT fee? An lAT is an electronic tax payment that directly involves a financial institution that is not within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States.
Login to Me Too

MoneyD
New Community Member

I called Paypal and they were absolutely zero help.  Because the charges do not show up on my account, they did not want to help and referred me to my bank.  I would think that Paypal would be interested in tracking down recurring fraud, but oh well.  When I called my bank, they instructed me to close my account to stop the fraud.  The originating bank for this charge is Wells Fargo as an FYI.  

Login to Me Too

kevskoolstuff
New Community Member

This is not fraud. It is an extra charge that your bank has taken out of your account. If it's not in your  paypal account then they cannot help you. There is no way for them to track your bank account charges. It should be your bank that you are calling and complaining too. Banks also list the company name as to which the transaction fee applies to, however this is very misleading as it is not the company that is collecting the extra charge. It is the banks charge and the monies go to the bank. This happened to me as a shop owner who uses paypal. I have received a customer complaint that I charged them twice. After looking at my paypal and bank statements it was clear to me I did not charge twice, only once. Customer submitted a screenshot of two payments; one to Paypal (which was to my store) and another charge listed as IAT Fee with my stores name in the title slot, however it was not a payment to my store however a payment to the bank that the bank automatically charged for the transaction. This transaction was through Paypal and IAT fees already included, however the bank was getting their greedy hand involved with hidden fees for certain transactions. Complain to the bank if it's on your bank statement !

Login to Me Too

Kimshams
New Community Member

Agree that this is a bank charge. It is an international ACH Transaction fee. Not very clear to the reader that this is what it is but it is definitely a bank fee related to an international transaction. 

Login to Me Too

etoven
Contributor
Contributor

Just love it when the community has to step in because the company doesn't even know what there own surgarge looks like.
Gives someone the runaround for a week for something that's a basic training issue.

Almost makes me think all the caring is bare minimum effort, dangerous levels of incompetence,  smoke and mirrors.
Also makes me think to myself. They manage my money and are ill equipped on the basics. I must be worried for nothing. 😒

Login to Me Too

NicoleAlissa
New Community Member
Same thing just happened to me!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.