I would like removal of my personal information on internet

Belladoggy1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

‘I don’t know if I am in the right place to resolve this issue!

around 4 years  ago I had a dispute with a customer about an eBay transaction of £18.

I offered a full refund on return of the item that I never received back, so no refund given and negative feedback followed.

a while after I discovered this customer put a complaint about my business on the French Paypal Community website, including my business name ,my own name , my full home address and post code.

i was obviously concerned but never got round to getting anything done about it.

since then I have felt I really would like it removed ,at least my name and address 

would this be possible to do ?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Belladoggy1 

Click on the 3 dots top right of your post and using the 'report post' option make that request that the moderators should pick up.

As only paypal mods will see that message you would be safe giving them a link to it.

I would not be comfortable for you to give me just 'another user' access to your personal information.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Belladoggy1 

If you mean it was on this forum (but back then on your own countries forum before they merged) then i expect the moderators would have removed any personal information as that is what they normally do.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Belladoggy1
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your response however I’ve looked at the website this morning and all my personal information is definitely still on there ? Is there anyway it can be removed ? If I could message you privately I can give you the exact wording so you can find it ?

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Belladoggy1 

Click on the 3 dots top right of your post and using the 'report post' option make that request that the moderators should pick up.

As only paypal mods will see that message you would be safe giving them a link to it.

I would not be comfortable for you to give me just 'another user' access to your personal information.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Belladoggy1
Contributor
Contributor

THANK YOU SOO MUCH , YOU MADE THIS A LOT LESS PAINFUL A PROCESS THAN I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE ,

HOPEFULLY THE MODERATORS CAN REMOVE IT 🥳😊🙏

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Belladoggy1,

Thank you for your question! I wanted to offer one clarification about the information that @kernowlass gave. The report must be made from the original post that you're reporting. The moderation team can review the specific post that way. If the original post was made by another individual, the report can be made on that specific post. If the post is in the French language community, the report will allow the moderation team for that community to act on that post.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.