I will be in US for 5 months, can I get PayPal prepaid Mastercard

martintodorov
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I live in Europe, I will be in the US for a while and I want to get PayPal Debit Mastercard issued.
I have money in my PayPal account which I want to use, however it gets harder and harder to spend them.

Can I get the PayPal Debit Mastercard when I arrive there? If not what are the reasons I can't have one?

Many thanks
Martin

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Unfortunately I believe you won't be able to get that card.   You would need to be a U.S. resident or U.S. resident alien over 18 years of age with a valid Social Security number (SSN) and a verifiable physical U.S. street address.  PayPal does not offer PayPal Prepaid Cards to residents of Puerto Rico, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands, American Samoa, or other U.S. territories. When you open a Card Account, you will be required to supply your name, physical street address (no P.O. Boxes), date of birth, and SSN

Login to Me Too

martintodorov
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

thanks a lot for your quick and prompt response. 

Since I will be there I will have physical address. I believe the card would be sent they way most banks are doing. The PIN and the card with separate deliveries.
I'm over 18 and I have a valid SSN. I am not permanent resident of the country however.

Would this be an obstacle? Are there any other specifics/requirements I will have to meet?

In case I am not permitted, is there another option to use my PayPal funds in order to pay in stores/hotels/restaurants?

Thanks,
Martin

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.