I've been a fool!!

SusanJ1
Contributor
Contributor

I bought a reborn doll on facebook from a so called 'friend' for £500 and she said I could use Paypal to pay in two instalments. but I must use Friends and Family or it would cost her money so I agreed.
When it arrived it  stank of nicotine and had a yellow face...it's clothes were dirty and much too big but the worst thing was she'd split it's mouth at both sides. It is nothing like the video which she showed on Facebook and I understand I cannot claim from Paypal because there is no protection paying by Friends and family....I didn't know this. I complained and told her I wanted to return it for a refund but she refused.

I rang my credit card company and they said to send it back to her and they would get me a refund. I don't have her address so I can't return it.
Is there any way I can get her address? Will Paypal not help? Maybe they could give me her address?
She has very carefully covered her tracks and completely conned me.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

ChibiRitsuka
Contributor
Contributor
You want a **bleep** move of getting your money back? Tell your credit card company it's unauthorized. Been there done that. I got my money back
Login to Me Too

SusanJ1
Contributor
Contributor

I've already spoken to my Credit Card company....they know all about it but need me to return the item but I can't without her address 😞
Thanks anyway x

Login to Me Too

ChibiRitsuka
Contributor
Contributor
Actually you an still try, no harm trying. There's once i had a similar case but i end up having a different customer service representative and i did get my money back . I do not know how your country works though (singapore here)
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.