I think I might be getting scammed - email communication

Alecia111198
New Community Member

I am on the process of selling my phone. Someone from China contacted me and it was going good until the payment. They sent the money and I received an email in spam from p.replyservice1 email claiming I had to send the tracking number before the money can be released to me. As it is a gmail account I don't think it's likely to be a paypal email. Can someone please help

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Alecia111198 

Scam. Delete and ignore "spam email" about "the payment" received. If you do not see money in your PayPal account, you have not been paid. Do not ship until you see a payment transaction in your PayPal account. Tell them sorry, you do not see payment in your PayPal account and to please provide transaction ID number so you can verify it with PayPal and leave it at that. They should leave you alone then.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Gabbr
Contributor
Contributor

I just posted a package to an address in China from a buyer <removed> that said the payment had been done and for me to check the spam folder for confirmation of payment. I open the spam folder and there's this email from this p reply <removed> saying that the amount was paid but the transfer to my account was pending the tracking number.

I actually thought it was legit but now that I saw this message, I'm going to call the Post Shop first thing in the morning tomorrow to retrieve my package.

Thanks for this clarification, almost lost a very valuable product!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.