I think I got scammed, what can I do? (Ned's Betting website)

Kev1ar
New Community Member

Potential scam website: Ned's Betting 

Funds lost: $540

Request: Can I get my money back in anyway.

So i was browsing the internet for a betting website that offered e Sports betting. The website seemed legitimate however now I appears everything from the reviews is fake and the websites support hotline is also just a scam. After depositing around $500 you are not allowed to withdraw your money until you bet with those funds, after winning and requesting a pay-pal withdrawal they disabled the account a few hours later. Now the hotline gives my vague responses saying the event you bet on is under investigation. Anything i can do? I already reported the scam on Scam-watch but that only help bring public awareness

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kev1ar

Sadly, PayPal purchase protection does not cover: "Gambling, gaming and/or any other activity with an entry fee and a prize."

https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_AU#purchase-protection

PayPal purchase protection is not 100% guarantee. It has it's limitations.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kev1ar

Sadly, PayPal purchase protection does not cover: "Gambling, gaming and/or any other activity with an entry fee and a prize."

https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_AU#purchase-protection

PayPal purchase protection is not 100% guarantee. It has it's limitations.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

KING7666
Contributor
Contributor
I never gambled in my life.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.