I sent a wedding client my friend and family code and now I was charged a fee, why?

flortone
Contributor
Contributor

My wedding client wanted to pay me my paypal so I would not be charged a fee, but when get into the email there is $8.00 fee charge.

I ask him if he paid by credit card or instant transfer and told me instant transfer and also paypal charged him a $ 7.00 fee too.

What is going on, when I sent my same code to a friend earlier, no fees were attached, but tonight was.

What is the problem this time then?

Sincerely,

Sharon

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@flortone 

Did someone forget to mark the payment as 'Sending to a friend' when they made payment? And if this payment is for goods and services, friends and family payment type shouldn't be used. That is against PayPal user agreement. And PayPal isn't a totally free service, they do charge for some payments. This is what happens when trying to avoid fees. It comes back to bite. I don't know what your wedding client did though. Is your wedding client based in the US as well? How much is sent, total, and where is the wedding client based, that is the only way the why and how can be figured out.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.