I need help- Confirmation***You Have Received An Instant Payment Of $570 USD

ashwithani
New Community Member

I am selling an item to a buyer, and the $570 USD is the agreed upon amount. I just want to make sure this is legit and the email is actually from PayPal. I need a response fast as this money is seriously needed for an emergency. 

Dear             Ashli <Removed>

This is to inform you that we have received your payment of $570 USD from Name of Person for your ( Ipad and  $200 ITunes gift card + Shipping & Insurances Via FedEx) purchased from you via online advert.The money has now been deducted from the buyer's account and is ready to be deposited into your PayPal account. It will be credited into your  PayPal account as soon as we receive the shipment receipt scanned copy or tracking number from you.The shipment receipt scanned copy or tracking number is to be sent to PayPal online customer service. 

Shipping address - confirmed

(Left out just in case) 

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS PAYMENT WILL NOT APPEAR IN THE "PENDING" TAB IN YOUR ACCOUNT UNTIL YOU SEND THE SHIPMENT REFERENCE NUMBER OR RECEIPT SCANNED COPY TO US.

This is due to new policies at PayPal to protect both the buyer and the seller in the face of the growing number of fraudulent activities perpetrated via the internet. Your payment is intact. You are encouraged to complete this transaction.

Here at PayPal you can be assured that your security and safety is our topmost concern.

If you have questions about this payment for your sold item or service, please contact PayPal directly by replying to this email. Your query will be answered promptly.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you for using PayPal!

PROTECT YOUR PASSWORD

NEVER give your password to anyone, including PayPal employees. 

Copyright © 2018 PayPal, Inc. 

All rights reserved.PayPal is located at 2211 N.

First St., San Jose, CA 95131.

PayPal Email ID PP1557

------

I need help fast as this is to take place tonight. Thank you so much!!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ashwithani

SCAM.

They encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails 'may' go into your junk or spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't actually have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ashwithani

SCAM.

They encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails 'may' go into your junk or spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't actually have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.