I'm confusing with paypal's refund policies

Tiennd
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys, a man sent me an invoice by PayPal Gift (Family/Friends), it also said that this payment is non-refundable but I just want to ensure if it could be refunded? Thank a lot for your helps.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Michelle

Hello @Tiennd!

Welcome to the PayPal Community, and I am so very sorry that the community did not respond to your post. 😞 

Please, never send money for any kind of purchase as a personal payment (friends and family) is solely intended to send money to close friends and relatives. Examples like sending a relative abroad money to help with expenses, repaying a friend back for lunch, sending a relative birthday money... etc. 

Using this option to make a purchase waves the buyer protection we offer for eligible purchases. Fraudsters attempt to manipulate buyers to do this for two reasons. The first is that we do not place new seller holds or reviews on personal payments which allows them immediate access to the money. The second is that the buyer has no ability to dispute the payment which means that they are not held liable to issue a refund. 

I hope this information helps and thank you!

Michelle

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

PayPal_Michelle

Hello @Tiennd!

Welcome to the PayPal Community, and I am so very sorry that the community did not respond to your post. 😞 

Please, never send money for any kind of purchase as a personal payment (friends and family) is solely intended to send money to close friends and relatives. Examples like sending a relative abroad money to help with expenses, repaying a friend back for lunch, sending a relative birthday money... etc. 

Using this option to make a purchase waves the buyer protection we offer for eligible purchases. Fraudsters attempt to manipulate buyers to do this for two reasons. The first is that we do not place new seller holds or reviews on personal payments which allows them immediate access to the money. The second is that the buyer has no ability to dispute the payment which means that they are not held liable to issue a refund. 

I hope this information helps and thank you!

Michelle

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.