I just got an e-mail saying that I sent a payment to GoDaddy Inc.

Superstorm
New Community Member

Alright so has anyone else got an E-mail saying this? It looked official and Windows 10 even notified me when it arrived. It never normally does that unless it's from an official source.

official.png

Seriously, look at this. When I clicked the link it sent me to an OFFICIAL Paypal gate and when I clicked the link in that tab, my browser immediately warned me that I was about to go into a deceptive site. 

From what I understand, I don't think the transaction was actually made considering I don't actually have any money on my Paypal account currently and my recent activity window would've recorded it. Not to mention, I live in the UK which use's GBP as a currency and it said it made a payment of $29.99 USD. I tried to E-mail Paypal and ask what was going on but naturally they just sent me instructions on how to do stuff I didn't ask for. (The only reason I didn't call them up is because I don't actually own a smartphone currently.)

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.