I have been ripped off for £60 in a dispute over an undeliverd item - Paypal sided with the sellor

Fenchurch
New Community Member

I have been ripped off for £60 in a dispute over an undeliverd item - Paypal have for some unknown reason sided with the sellor .... Paypal's site says and I quote "When buyers pay with PayPal on any website, PayPal Buyer Protection covers them in case there is a problem. If an item doesn’t arrive or is significantly not as described, we will help buyers get a full refund."  DON'T YOU BELIEVE THIS Folks....! I bought two items from a seller - one item was not in stock so I did not receive it.... The seller has not refunded the £60 despite messages, phone calls etc....

This is what they emailed me …. "We have reviewed all the details of your claim. Based on the information we have to date, we have to deny your claim. This decision was made because your billing dispute doesn't match our qualification for a billing dispute.".... Doesn't match their qualification of a billing dispute? ...BUT PAYPAL SAYS "IF AN ITEM DOESN'T ARRIVE …. WE(PAYPAL) WILL HELP BUYERS GET A FULL REFUND"....

I'll be closing my Paypal account at the earliest..... Let this be a warning to y'all...….

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Fenchurch 

Why did you open a billing dispute?

Why didn't you open a dispute for item received but not as described ie insufficient quantity of items.

Then as paypal does not get involved in part refunds, if you won the dispute you would needed to return what you received back to the seller for a full refund.

Buyer protection is not a 100% coverall and as you said paypal say that they will  ''we will help buyers get a full refund''.

But if you open an incorrect dispute then of course they can't help you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.