I have been charged £7.22 Paypal fee for a £171 sale on ebay.

ALANEASTHAM
Contributor
Contributor

I only use Paypal occasionally for sales/purchases on ebay.  Previous fees have been proportionate, but this looks excessive at 4.6%.  The Resolution Centre won't address it because it's been paid and the telephone contact service just goes round in an endless loop without answering anything.  Can anyone explain it?  Or tell me how to actually speak to someone at Paypal?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ALANEASTHAM

Doesn't matter what currency the transaction was made in, if the buyers paypal account was registered in the U.S then you would have paid cross border fees.  Smiley Sad

Your best bet is to in the future use you buyer blocks and block countries you don't want bidding on your items.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ALANEASTHAM

Was it an international sale?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ALANEASTHAM
Contributor
Contributor

The buyer is registered on ebay in USA, but sale was made and paid in sterling

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ALANEASTHAM

Doesn't matter what currency the transaction was made in, if the buyers paypal account was registered in the U.S then you would have paid cross border fees.  Smiley Sad

Your best bet is to in the future use you buyer blocks and block countries you don't want bidding on your items.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ALANEASTHAM
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you - I'll take your advice.  This has never happened to me before, so I'll make sure it doesn't happen again

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.