cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a question about buyer protection.

SOLVED
New Community Member

I have a question about buyer protection.

If I purchase an item from a private seller who issues a PayPal invoice to me that I in turn pay for the item with, if for some reason I do not receive the item, would this be eligible for reimbursement?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Advisor

Re: I have a question about buyer protection.

@BadgerPepper wrote:

If I purchase an item from a private seller who issues a PayPal invoice to me that I in turn pay for the item with, if for some reason I do not receive the item, would this be eligible for reimbursement?

If your payment is for Goods & Services, you will receive Buyer Protection for an item not received.

2 REPLIES 2
Advisor

@BadgerPepper wrote:

If your payment is for Goods & Services, you will receive Buyer Protection for an item not received.

Highlighted

My Experience with PayPals buyer protection was not too good. 

(PP-D-23119762 )

I had the an issue with something I ordered from a chinese company , unbeknownst to me at the time, I received the item which was clearly not as described and did not even work. The merchant gave me the run around for weeks refusing to give me the return instructions and insisted i send them video of the product not functioning (total stupidity) which I did and still no refund. I took it to paypal and after six weeks of "investigation" by their crack team of of investigators they determined that not only was the product as described but apparently it worked perfectly.  PAYPAL BUYER PROTECTION NOT ONLY SUCKS BUT IS NON EXISTENT!!! Another customer lost over $50.00 bucks... Not a good model for sustainability.