I have a question about buyer protection.

BadgerPepper
New Community Member

If I purchase an item from a private seller who issues a PayPal invoice to me that I in turn pay for the item with, if for some reason I do not receive the item, would this be eligible for reimbursement?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@BadgerPepper wrote:

If I purchase an item from a private seller who issues a PayPal invoice to me that I in turn pay for the item with, if for some reason I do not receive the item, would this be eligible for reimbursement?

If your payment is for Goods & Services, you will receive Buyer Protection for an item not received.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@BadgerPepper wrote:

If your payment is for Goods & Services, you will receive Buyer Protection for an item not received.

Login to Me Too

ldgaller

My Experience with PayPals buyer protection was not too good. 

(PP-D-23119762 )

I had the an issue with something I ordered from a chinese company , unbeknownst to me at the time, I received the item which was clearly not as described and did not even work. The merchant gave me the run around for weeks refusing to give me the return instructions and insisted i send them video of the product not functioning (total stupidity) which I did and still no refund. I took it to paypal and after six weeks of "investigation" by their crack team of of investigators they determined that not only was the product as described but apparently it worked perfectly.  PAYPAL BUYER PROTECTION NOT ONLY SUCKS BUT IS NON EXISTENT!!! Another customer lost over $50.00 bucks... Not a good model for sustainability.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.