I have a business account with a business name. How do I add a personal account?

dpbsmith
Contributor
Contributor

I rarely use PayPal. I set up a business account years ago so that I could accept credit card payments. However, I occasionally want to make a personal payment using PayPal, and when I do, I want the receiver just to see my personal name, not the name of my business. My understanding is that a single person can have both a personal account and a business account, but I can't figure out how to add the personal account. I need fairly specific directions, because when I've tried the obvious things, they don't work--I just get a message saying "this account already exists, log in."

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi dpbsmith,

Great question - you will not be able to use the same email for the personal account as you do for the business account. They are separate and are not able to share information, so you'll have to create a new account as personal, using a different email. I apologize for any inconvenience.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi dpbsmith,

Great question - you will not be able to use the same email for the personal account as you do for the business account. They are separate and are not able to share information, so you'll have to create a new account as personal, using a different email. I apologize for any inconvenience.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.