I fell for a scam.

maxo1d
New Community Member

I fell for a scam. I am a buyer in my country. I sell items online. A guy who is from Nigeria asked me to buy some stuff, so I agreed with it. And he let me deliver the item first and I just followed his direction. He said he's gonna pay money through his bank account, so I was waiting for him to pay. Then, I got an email from Scotia Bank which was actually fake. The bank explained to me to pay for tax charges $1000 via Paypal. I thought it was for a verification process but it was an act of fraudulence. I already paid the money twice through Paypal and now I won't be able to contact him. I need the money back as soon as possible. I already settled a dispute, but what else can I do? Help me please... !!1

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@maxo1d 

You paid $1000 twice via PayPal. How much were you selling the item for to be paying $1000 in taxes, I mean the scenario sounds unbelievable. Were you selling a car? What do you mean you settled a dispute? You mean you already filed disputes? Did PayPal deny your disputes? If you sent a payment, do not file an Unauthorized Payment because that is only for when someone accessed your account to send payment without your knowledge, not for scams you fell for. 

Contact customer service to report that you were defrauded:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Say "Live Agent" to the automated recording.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.