I fell for a common scam. How do I report this to PayPal and is there a recourse?

anitaroy
New Community Member

I was stupid to fall for the cheap event ticket on FB.  The event was sold out and the event page had someone selling cheap tickets because "they couldn't go". After I paid, they blocked me. <removed> on Facebook. I paid by PayPal/

Is there any way I can report this?  I have gone through the menus and can't find anything. Even if I could prevent this person from doing it to someone else, it would be a good thing.     

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@anitaroy 

The important question is HOW you paid, did you use goods/services so that you had buyer protection OR did you send them a gift of money using the friends/family option?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rich

Hello @anitaroy,

Thanks for posting in the PayPal Community forums for help with this issue. I'm sorry to hear that the person you sent money to is not communicating with you any longer.

@kernowlass is correct in that your eligibility for buyer protection will depend on how the payment was sent. However, you can report this matter to customer service directly. PayPal does review all transaction activity and any fraudulent use may cause the account to be permanently limited. 

You can reach customer support by FacebookTwitter, or phone or email.

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.