I am receiving emails from another Paypal user

VictorSeven
New Community Member

Hi everybody,

Today I have received an email alerting of a charge. The thing is that there's no activity showing in my Paypal account, nor in my bank account -no transaction at all. Looking again at the email, it turns out that the receipt email is not directed to me but to someone with a very similar name and surname, but the same mail account as mine. I'm pretty sure that  it the problem is a mail that is not well recognized by Paypal, or the vendor. I mean, if my mail is myname at mailserver dot com and his mail is my.name at mailserver dot com,  they could get confused (it happened to me before!).

I checked that the mail is legit, coming from an official Paypal direction. Also the mail does not ask me to login at all, it is just informative and starts with "Hi, NAME", where name is the name of the other person.

The problem is that this person is NOT receiving his emails, I'm receiving them instead. Of course I don't want to receive these mails. And for sure he does wants to receive them! Do you know what can I do?

Thank you very much in advance.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Urboi
Contributor
Contributor

I think you can contact the sender and the recipient telling them they sending to wrong email address. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.