I THINK I AM BEING SCAMMED

andreashystad
Contributor
Contributor

Hey everyone

I think I got scammed today please help answer a few questions!
The buyer insisted I payed Family&Friends, but i refused. I payed him the normal way and he asked me to confirm reciept. I did, and now he says wait 24h for the payment to be complete? I feel like I am being scammed! Can I get the money back even if I confirmed the reciept if he does not deliver the item in 24h? 

Thank you

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@andreashystad

Well you have negated your buyer protection for non receipt of item as you have already confirmed that you have received it haven't you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@andreashystad

Well you have negated your buyer protection for non receipt of item as you have already confirmed that you have received it haven't you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

andreashystad
Contributor
Contributor
Yes you are right. I did get scammed and i have no buyers protection damn. Felt soo bad i work hard for my money 😕
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@andreashystad

If you sent money as goods and services payment and not friends and family, you still have buyer protection, even if the funds were released to the seller before the full PayPal 21 hold which is what the "confirming" was for, not that you lose your buyer protection.  You have 180 days from date of payment to file a dispute.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

andreashystad
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah the problem is i made me file a dispute and i was dumb enough to believe i would get the item if i canceled the disput.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.