New Community Member

How would I go about purchasing something overseas from a private seller

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Faizel 

They would have to send you a PayPal invoice, a money request, create a PayPal buy/pay now button and export it as email link and email/message you that link to pay, or they can send you their PayPal.me link.

They shall need an email address from you, any email address to use any of the methods above but you can log on with any of your actual registered PayPal email addresses to pay.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Faizel
New Community Member
@sharpiemarker Thanks, Am I as a seller protected, when I make payment, does the money sits with paypal and only get released to the seller once I recieve the goods?
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Faizel 

You'd get "Buyer protection", yes. Seller Protection is for the seller. You're the buyer.

@Faizel wrote:
when I make payment, does the money sits with paypal and only get released to the seller once I recieve the goods?

That depends on the seller's account history with PayPal whether PayPal subjects their payment to their 21 day funds availability hold or not. No one here can know that.

If their payment is subject to the 21 day hold, the seller has to complete some tasks to get their funds sooner: provide tracking number into the transaction so PayPal can confirm delivery and release funds upon delivery, mark the order status to shipped or order processed and have you confirm receipt or simply wait the 21 days until PayPal releases funds if you do not report a problem before then. Nevertheless, you still have 180 days from date of payment to open a PayPal dispute.

And make sure you're sending payment as goods and services when you pay via PayPal.me link. PayPal invoices/money requests/paypal buttons are goods and services payments. If seller has a personal PayPal account and is giving you their PayPal.me link to pay, you'll have to make sure to select goods and services option. If the seller gives you their PayPal email address to send payment from your PayPal account via Send or Send & Request tab, you also have to make sure you select goods and services too.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

noemi8
New Community Member

is anyone in Switzerland now that can call my uncle to order not to be scammed via fake paypal..he wont listen..

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.