How to create US PayPal account without US phone number

LeonelBui
New Community Member

Hi,

I have tried to buy somethings on websites (Guess/CK/...) by my paypal account which i always use to buy other things from Amazon/Ebay... but when i checked out, it stated that i need to have an US account. Co can I create a (US) PayPal account without US phone number?

I have (HSBC) visa card, I have an address in US (I am not living in US, I bought somethings on Amazon/Ebay/... and shipped to my US address (agent) then they send it to Vietnam for me. However, I cannot apply it for some bands/websites (Guess/CK/Old_Navy/...), so could someone advise me how to deal with this situation.

Thanks & regards

Bui

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_JonK

Hello @LeonelBui,

Thanks for reaching out via our Community Forums. Welcome! To create a US PayPal account, you would need a US physical address as well as a US phone number. My apologies for any inconvenience this may cause. 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

splitdatwig
New Community Member
Ok but I have a friend who can't afford an official cell phone number (meaning prepaid OR contract) and has a free wifi number (TextNow) and it is not working. How are we supposed to get him set up for success without this? Also? I have a phone number through straight talk, I can't seem to get PayPal to verify my number. It is a tracphone number.
Login to Me Too

AlexAtrocity
New Community Member

Let me translate the answer you got from paypal. 

"We want to keep dox on you. Without a phone number, we can't do that, so if you're poor, go reproduce yourself." 

You ever watch that episode from south park about the cable guys? Yeah, paypal = the cable guys. 

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@splitdatwig wrote:
Ok but I have a friend who can't afford an official cell phone number (meaning prepaid OR contract) and has a free wifi number (TextNow) and it is not working. How are we supposed to get him set up for success without this? Also? I have a phone number through straight talk, I can't seem to get PayPal to verify my number. It is a tracphone number.

If you can, enter the number without enabling the sms/texting features and label as “home”. Or go edit the number to disable it. Then you’ll need a very strong memorable password without saving it on the device. You’ll have to use email to reset password or recover forgotten password.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

KaungMyat777

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.