How to contact a seller directly?

Joshua-Tat2
Contributor
Contributor
I’m having an issue dealing with a person that I purchased something from. They’re saying the order was filled multiple days ago they’re still no shipping date and tracking number I paid for a specific amount of shipping time it’s not here on time. And I don’t really understand how to contact the seller I’ve tried to contact eBay but everything is a total **bleep** show right now because of COVID-19. Does anybody have any advice on how I can do this.
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Joshua-Tat2 

If it was an ebay transaction then go to your 'my ebay' and next to the transaction click on contact seller.

Or click on the transaction in your paypal account and that information may be on the details page.

However once a seller has sent the item how long it takes is dependent on how long the postal service or courier takes to deliver the item.

Can take a lot longer at the moment as most courier companies are prioritising medical supplies etc.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Joshua-Tat2
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered it directly through PayPal and it has a track shipment button underneath the guys name and every time I click it a go to some bogus page I’ve been trying to attempt to contact PayPal to see what the real issue is here or if I’m being scammed but nobody at PayPal is answering the phone or answering the customer service desk they’re leaving I was completely helpless. I’ve been trying to solve this issue for like six hours now I am beyond reprieve when it comes to this. I should be able to contact the seller by touching his name I would think or have three little dots and touch one and hit contact. Those options just aren’t there and to top everything off tracking the shipment through PayPal is not even in the helpdesk solutions and there is nobody there to help you this is disgusting probably the last time I order through PayPal again. It seems like every single time it is a complete hassle dealing with them.
Login to Me Too

_Joseph_
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@Joshua-Tat2 

Kindly use browser in accessing your PayPal account such as Google Chrome or Internet Explorer. You can locate your seller's contact information on the transaction details page. They may be able to issue a refund to you or help with a return. If unable to locate still the seller's contact information, follow the steps provided in the article below:

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/i-didn't-receive-my-item-or-it's-different-than-describe...

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Joshua-Tat2
Contributor
Contributor
How to reach PayPal right now I’m questioning a fraud. I’ve been trying out for like three days and to be totally honest is driving me nuts and taking all of my energy and I could be doing 1 million other things but they don’t answer any phone calls right now and I need a live representative. I can’t seem to get one on the phone I get someone answering my questions from here so I’m gonna go with it from here hopefully Joseph above has an answer for me why is there bogus tracking information underneath the sellers name when it says to track this package. I’m also reporting thatThe name of the company that sold me the stuff was yeahsave.com They are supposedly based out of Australia. 1. their website now is going up and down not working working 2. I don’t speak Japanese or Chinese or whatever the hell language this person is who sent this to me but I do recognize characters that I’ve seen before in a specific order and he is a person that had to have money refunded to me through PayPal because he was running the same scam through them. At that time it was for electric massage tables. Also supposedly had regular massage tables they looked into the guy they realized that he was a crook and immediately pulled him off and refunded my money. The problem is I cannot get anyone on the phone. I’m ready to leave my number over this line I’m getting so irritated I hope there’s somebody that works there will just call. Figure I’ve left enough messages already that my name has a telephone number associated with my account to the workers of PayPal. So yes this is me asking for you to contact me because there is more going on than what appears to be going on with this last sale that I bought through PayPal.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@_Joseph_ 

They can't use the busy call centres to man the phones due to covid.

So all they can do is reply via live chat or email when and if that is available.

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

However sounds as if you bought from one of these sites?

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

If so then if you have received a tracking number i would not open a dispute yet, if you do and they provide tracking it may be closed.

You have up to 180 days to open a dispute so wait till it comes and it will probably be tat so then open a dispute for item received but not as described.

You may have to return it trackable before you get a refund if you win the dispute so make sure you have activated the below link to get help with those return postage costs.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Joshua-Tat2
Contributor
Contributor
You sound like you know what you’re talking about but what I’m trying to do is exactly what you’re saying and it is physically impossible for me to get a message to this person or get them to reply for well over 20 days now. He lied to me he said he was a company called yeasave.com I got a bill from Tang’s Department store in China which was for the same exact amount of money from the other site. If I had known I was ordering from China I would’ve never ever ever done this purchase. On top of all of this nonsense and the frog that this man is perpetrating he’s stealing and using my money and getting away with it by providing a fake tracking number that nobody has taken the time to actually read with the tracking page says except me. This is getting really rediculous. On top of him stealing my money PayPal‘s excuse for them not refunding it back is that he’s issued a tracking number while it was supposed to be delivered in 2 to 3 days that was our agreement and it’s been 20 something and I still don’t have my product and this guy is totally bogus and they are not tracking down what I’m telling them to they are being irresponsible. Gross negligence is occurring as far as price gouging and products not actually being shipped during this time it is disgusting. As soon as this transaction is done with PayPal never again you’ll see my whole account come off. I just want my money back. I have more than one good reason why I want it back. First of all I never received the product. Second of all the seller perpetrated himself as a different distributor than who he actually was. Third there is an obligation of the 2 to 3 day delivery time that hasn’t been even met. Fourth the tracking information on the page says that it’s in route to a shipping center for 17 days now it does not take 17 days to get to one shipping center.Gross negligence I think so!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.