How to check if a company is paypal verified

PuggleJinx
Contributor
Contributor

this company, Simylor has a PayPal logo.........but I'm feeling this company might be less than upstanding. How do I check if Simylor is PayPal verified? Thanks

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

martymoroney3
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal's zero liability approach to this matter is going to put me in a position to never use it again. What if it is an item I needed and those were my only funds?
Login to Me Too

thebrick
Contributor
Contributor
They sent me a shipping notice with USPS tracking number attached, which was saying delivered in May. I talked to PayPal Credit support on phone last night and asked them to proceed disputing charge due to fraudulent seller.
Login to Me Too

Frugal1
New Community Member
They are a total scam, please save your money and do not buy from them. I paid using PayPal and when I checked the transaction it does not even mention what I purchased from them. 2 separate transactions shows up as 2 different unknown products with money going to 2 separate companies located in China and India. They never sent me a confirmation email of my order etc. save yourself the headache and stick to the legit verifiable sellers online and report this site to the proper authority.
Login to Me Too

legendscollect
Contributor
Contributor

I received a refund from PayPal this morning. I had to appeal the Case I opened because the agent didn't look at the delivery date of the USPS Tracking # provided by "Beatrix Ziegler" of Simylor.com. The hard part is getting in touch with PayPal right now but keep pushing and once you all get your refunds this scam business will go away quickly.

Login to Me Too

martymoroney3
Contributor
Contributor
I think you were a day ahead of me, so I hopefully I can get my $100 back soon. Did you do anything more than escalating it?....how did you get to actually talk to someone?
Login to Me Too

legendscollect
Contributor
Contributor

I sent PayPal a DM through Twitter. I kept a reply chain going with them so they would know the matter was unresolved (don't let them have the last word or the system may think the conversation has timed out). Finally they escalated it to a "Message Center" agent which pops up like a chat session during your PayPal login session. That agent ruled in my favor in a matter of minutes.

Login to Me Too

goated
Contributor
Contributor

Seems like Paypal isn't paying close attention to how suspicious the site seems. I disputed on the 12th of this month and just got a notification today saying my dispute was declined. Unlike everyone else, my tracking number actually shows that they shipped it out on the day I made the purchase and was delivered the day after. The item I "bought" was a pair of Bose headphones that cost $99.99, however, the shipping method the seller used was UPS Next Day Air which costs at least $130. For those who are disputing and are in a similar situation like mine, you should bring up this fact because it's not a financially sound practice for any merchant selling products online and should most definitely be viewed as suspicious.

Login to Me Too

legendscollect
Contributor
Contributor

I figure the way this scam works is they access a database of valid USPS Tracking #'s organized by zip code. I'm guessing you live in a big city for them to find one that seemed to match the appropriate date. That makes things a little harder -- when you appeal the Case ask PayPal to look at the account for "Beatrix Ziegler" to see if they spot a pattern of claims. It should be pretty easy for them to see after a few more refunds are processed.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.