How to check if a company is paypal verified

PuggleJinx
Contributor
Contributor

this company, Simylor has a PayPal logo.........but I'm feeling this company might be less than upstanding. How do I check if Simylor is PayPal verified? Thanks

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

martymoroney3
Contributor
Contributor
I bought something from them and am curious as well if I should be disputing this now, the camera lens I was looking at is a price that may have been too good to be true, did you find anything?
Login to Me Too

goated
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not sure if it's possible to check if they're PayPal verified, but based on my research of the site, it is still fairly new. Like you, I recently bought an item from their website but I'm starting to get a feeling that it was a big mistake.

As to whether the site is reliable, I believe it is a bit too soon to tell since the domain is about 4 months old. However, there a few signs that make me believe this site isn't reliable-the main thing being the site's lack of internet presence and how all means to contact any customer service is hidden by the site. I tried calling the number on the site multiple times but to no avail. Not only that, but the address on the site also shows up as some apartment building in Redmond, WA whereas the address of where the domain was created is in Scottsdale, Arizona and the number on the site has a Texan dial extension. 

All in all, the entire site seems extremely fishy to me, but I intend on waiting out this transaction for about a week or so and I suggest all who bought from their site do the same. That way, we could properly dispute the transaction as "Item didn't arrive" and safely get our money back.

Login to Me Too

martymoroney3
Contributor
Contributor
Ive tried to contact them everyway possible....def a scam. I got a tracking number for my order via paypal and the tracking number is for a package that was already delivered in May.
Login to Me Too

goated
Contributor
Contributor

I would dispute that transaction ASAP. I guess it's confirmed that the site is a scam for sure. How long after you paid did the site send you a tracking number?

Login to Me Too

martymoroney3
Contributor
Contributor
Purchased yesterday, tracking sent this morning. No one is answering the phones at the paypal help center so Im guessing the scumbags are out preying on everyone since we wont be able to quickly report them. Good luck.
Login to Me Too

thebrick
Contributor
Contributor

I've been bitten by it too with a random motherboard which was listed for 1/3 of the price.

it appears to be fraudulent since their website is now down. 

Login to Me Too

legendscollect
Contributor
Contributor

I was scammed by simylor.com on 6/10. They provide PayPal with a tracking # that matches the destination zip code but the delivery date is completely wrong. In my case, they claim the delivery occurred two weeks before I placed the order. Amazingly, PayPal didn't pay attention to the discrepancy so I'm having to appeal the claim.  The website is still up as of today so avoid and if you know a way to get it taken down please do.

Login to Me Too

user9876
New Community Member

Same here.  Scammed by them on a phone charger.  Ordered on 6/11, they provided a tracking number already on delivery on 5/22.   I opened a dispute but it was rejected by PayPal.   Tried their customer chat but they weren't helpful at all and kept being transferred.  Im left with just disputing it with my credit card.   Anyone knows how to get their website down?

Login to Me Too

legendscollect
Contributor
Contributor

We need to make sure everyone on this message board gets their refund from PayPal. That will motivate PayPal to put them out of business...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.