How to avoid refunds in my business?

iBeast
Contributor
Contributor

Hello! / Hi!

I am getting angry about PayPal and refunds. One more refund agreed to buyer's side and I leave.

I am providing service, where after payment, customer get download link for that program. But (it is not for first time) people do, that they pay it, download it and  then issue a refund. When I write to PayPal (Resolution center) that it was not unauthorized, he used PayPal email for downloading product etc, it is refunded to buyer's side. I collect first name, surname and e-mail... I do not know how to do it to not be "scammed".

I do not care about money, I care about moral principle.

They pay, download and issue refund.. And PayPal do nothing.

Regards,

Radek Nolč (iBeast), Czech republic

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@iBeast 

11.10 What are examples of items/transactions/cases that are not eligible for PayPal seller protection?

1. For:
    1. Payment Recipients with their registered address outside the UK: digital goods and licences for digital content.
    2. Payment Recipients with their registered address in the UK: intangible items (including digital goods and licences for digital content) and services.
      Where PayPal in its own discretion may make certain intangible items (including digital goods and licences for digital content) and/or services eligible from time to time, unless otherwise agreed in writing with PayPal, the following will always remain ineligible:
      1. Items equivalent to cash (including, without limitation, stored value items such as gift cards and pre-paid cards).
      2. Payments made in respect of financial products and investments.
      3. Donations.
  2. Items that you deliver (or are picked up) in person (except for items for which you received payment through the PayPal Location Based Payments Functionality).
  3. Transactions processed otherwise than through the buyer’s PayPal account. For example, if the payment was received as a direct card payment (including through Zong, Website Payment Pro, Virtual Terminal and PayPal Here) or as a PayPal guest checkout transaction, then it is not eligible for coverage.
  4. Claims, Chargebacks and Reversals for Significantly Not as Described and/ or claims filed directly with eBay.
  5. PayPal Business Payments.
  6. Payments made in respect of gold (whether in physical form or in exchange-traded form).
  7. PayPal Mass Payment transactions

Either don't accept PayPal since digital goods are not covered. Or, continue to accept PayPal and have access to a large customer base. Consider how many successful transactions you've had vs unsuccessful as a factor. There is always possibility of shrinkage through theft in business and you're doing business on the internet with people you don't know that could be using someone else' info so keep some funds around that is used to cover losses, the rest you withdraw.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.