How secure are my ‘contacts’ details?

Martinecook
Contributor
Contributor
I’ve recently been ‘hacked’ I’ve reported this. But I’m concerned for my friends details in my contacts, are these secure?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Martinecook,

I understand your concern for your friends. Essentially, only the information you can see when you log in to your own account is what would have been visible. The email addresses or phone numbers of the people with whom you have had transactions, along with their names, would be visible to someone who gains access to your password and can view your transaction history. None of their other information, such as financial credentials, passwords, or other other protected data would be visible.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Martinecook,

I understand your concern for your friends. Essentially, only the information you can see when you log in to your own account is what would have been visible. The email addresses or phone numbers of the people with whom you have had transactions, along with their names, would be visible to someone who gains access to your password and can view your transaction history. None of their other information, such as financial credentials, passwords, or other other protected data would be visible.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Martinecook
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you Olivia That puts my mind at rest!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Martinecook,

I'm glad I could help!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.