How much is the Paypal charge on Goods and Services Payments?

logossun
Contributor
Contributor

So, I'm about to pay 664€ via G&S to be safe, but I can't see how much my charge on that amount is? Is it always a certain percentage or does it depend on the amount level?

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@logossun 

Buyers don't pay fees, (unless its currency conversion) sellers do.

https://www.paypal.com/hr/smarthelp/article/what-are-the-fees-for-paypal-accounts-faq690

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

logossun
Contributor
Contributor

Actually, either I pay it or he pays it, depending on whether you pay G&S or Friends. But that wasn't my question. My question was HOW MUCH are the rates - because I'll be damned if I can find the amount or percentage anywhere.

Specifically in this case, if I pay G&S of 664, the seller will get LESS. I want them to get 664 BUT still pay G&S, but I don't know how much more.

So, if you know that, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks!

Denis

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@logossun 

Actually, either I pay it or he pays it, depending on whether you pay G&S or Friends. 

Think that is what i said, except there are no fees for friends if funded from balance or bank account (only a card is charged).

As for fees I gave you the link so you can go read up on it and work it out yourself.

I am not here to do your maths for you.  😄

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

logossun
Contributor
Contributor

Well, my esteemed "hi-end helper", one would expect that after years of helping, you'd have that information at your fingertips. I guess not.

In the end, it was easier to do it by trial and error, so that's disappointing.

Thanks for the info about no charge from a bank account...

Cheers!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@logossun 

Yeah odd that I don't know the fees for both goods/services and friends/family for EVERYONE of the 200 countries in the world that Paypal supports at my fingertips  🤣

This is a 'user to user' advice forum, so I gave up my time to give you advice to point you in the right direction so..............your welcome.

And I will add you to my 'list' to make sure I don't respond to any of your future requests for advice.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.