How long does it take for paypal purchases to come out of my bank account?

feirce
Contributor
Contributor

They used to come out straight away and this was great because i knew exactly how much money i had in my account. Now they just seem to come out whenever they feel like it and i'm struggling to keep on top of things. Are there any settings i can change so the money comes out straight away like it used to?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@feirce 

Transfers from bank accounts are never instant, that is why when you buy something paypal credit the seller upfront for you and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer to pay them back again, this is so you get your item without delay.

Takes 5-7 working days to transfer as Paypal use the slowest (cheapest) transfer option BUT funds normally leave your bank account from a few hours up to a few days later.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@feirce 

Transfers from bank accounts are never instant, that is why when you buy something paypal credit the seller upfront for you and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer to pay them back again, this is so you get your item without delay.

Takes 5-7 working days to transfer as Paypal use the slowest (cheapest) transfer option BUT funds normally leave your bank account from a few hours up to a few days later.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

feirce
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your help.

My account used to show the amount of money i had in my account with another amount underneath it with any paypal money i spent taken off, hope that makes sense? Now it doesn't do that for days so i'm getting confused about how much money i actually have.

I think i'll go to my bank and try to sort something out with them so things revert to how they were before.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.