How long do I have until a pending charge expires?

ilovemangos
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! So, recently I have been selling some of my clothing and collectables on depop. About a week ago I sold my first item, and have already shipped it out to the buyer some days ago. I've made some more sales recently, but haven't logged into paypal on my computer at all since the sales, just checking on my phone to see if the payment went to my paypal account.

Today i checked my account on my computer to find i needed to actually "accept" the pending orders so i could get my money. When i click "accept" i am redirected to a page to get my paypal account verified. I've already gone through the steps to do so, now just the waiting game of when i will see the paypal deposits in my account in a few days. 

What i wanted to ask was, how long do i have until that pending money expires? I'm hoping they won't anytime soon. It's been one week since my first order. I want to make sure i won't be losing any money while i wait for my account to be verified!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ilovemangos 

Probably due to this new policy.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/what-can-i-do-with-my-personal-paypal-account,-paypal-ca...

Pending funds 'time out' 30 days post-payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.