How does Send & Receive work [purchaser]

INeedHelpInPP
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I'm trying to purchase a product from someone in California, and I was wondering how the sending & receiving work with protection.

Could I have my friend pick it up, then I pay for it through PayPal as Goods & Services just so it's 100% in my friend's hands? Would i still get protection from that? 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@INeedHelpInPP

Your claim will not qualify for a refund under PayPal’s Purchase Protection program for an Item Not Received claim, if:

• You collect the item in person, or arrange for it to be collected on your behalf, including if you use PayPal in a seller’s physical store

To pay, click Send & Request after logging on PayPal website and make sure you select payment type "Paying for item or service" under the amount field. Then pay with a credit card so then you can file a dispute with your card issuer should something go wrong. 

PayPal’s Purchase Protection program is not 100% guarantee and has its limitations.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

INeedHelpInPP
Contributor
Contributor

so it has to be 100% sent to me through mail w/ a usps tracking # for me to quailify ?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@INeedHelpInPP

If you want protection for Item Not Received, you must ship it with tracking number.

You'll be protected for Significantly not as described though on pick-ups. 

Disputes must be filed within 180 days of date of payment.

Read the Protection program:

Purchase Protection

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.