How do you talk to someone in PayPal to sort out your account creation?

Help999
Contributor
Contributor

Started setting up an account the beginning of September but had some odd messages come up. So before entering my bank details I wanted to check that my account was OK, i.e. I wasn't been spoofed.

Despite numerous phone calls and assurances that so and so would email/contact me still, from my point of view, having a working account.

So how do you get someone with the right knowledge to talk to you?

I suspect it will be a 10 minute conversation and everything is OK, but then again systems get hacked all the time and as I came in from another site originally to create my account maybe I was redirected via an incorrect server et al. And that the thing I'm obviously seeking to protect myself but it also helps protect them but they don't seem interested in that.

P.S. Just been told by the PayPal front line desk that what I was told yesterday was incorrect and so I spent 24 hours waiting a call that was never going to come!  So maybe I shouldn't use them at all?

What 33 visits and no suggestions? Perhaps I'm in the wrong topic so if that is the case can someone advise?

Anyway did eventually get through, after yet again waiting on the phone unable to do anything else - funny how despite all the technology its always the customer who does all the running around.

So now they need documents as part of their security commitment and to satisfy EU law to verify the account...except they don't need that is I hadn't had an issue. So seems they only comply to EU law sometimes, unless I've misunderstood the conversation, but as we cover it a couple of times I don't think I did.

So they need confirmation documents to verify the account to delete it so that I can create a new account where I don't need to send anything to verify the account details! Sounds like catch-22 to me.

So now after some more time wasted and despite being told the above was the only way to correct the issue I've found, perhaps, a way to correct it, but have to wait to see if it does save correctly and resolved the issue.

So sorry it this is a bit of a ramble but I'm just trying to create what I see as a simple account so I can get on with my life; so I don't know this system, indeed its taken me a while to track this post back down, and I just want some straight forward help to get the account up an running and confirm it is set up correctly, bearing in mind no transactions or indeed anything has taken place except putting in the basic details.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.