How do you "Actually" get support from Paypal?

FireyLake
Contributor
Contributor

I have been trying to link my bank account for 2 months. Here is my continued attempt to get assistance and the lack of it. I have called a total of 7 times over 6 weeks and been promised a call back twice, as of which I didn't receive. Your phone answers in India go through the same script every time:

"Ok well let's try something. Try linking your bank account again and see what happens"

- To which I recite to them the same error, my bank account cannot be linked at this time.
"Alright well first we need to run through a few questions"

- I get them right and verify my identity.
"Ok I'm going to try to link the account from this end"

- Doesn't  work, they tell me to call back in 48 hours and try again.

On January 9th, at 9:37 AM EST, I spoke to a woman named Roxy from your call center when requesting "Customer Support" from the automated line, that assured me she would call me back in 10 minutes after speaking to a technical person from her team when she failed to link the bank account. She did not call me back.

On January 14th, at 9:06 AM Eastern Time Zone, I spoke to a supervisor named Mel from your call center when requesting "Customer support" from the automated line, that assured me he would call me back in 48 hours and  look into my account, and apologized to me for the inconvenience. He did not call me back.

Below is proof  I've called with times in Eastern Time Zone (EST) from an 813 Area Code

fpaypal.png

If you can not assist me in linking a payment method to my account, I will allow my account to go to collections and provide them with this information as proof that I attempted to pay you in a reasonable fashion.

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@FireyLake

You need to contact customer services to resolve any limitation or account issues.
Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

FireyLake
Contributor
Contributor

Hello PayPal Moderator,

You appear  to have made a mistake in deleting my image.  This image holds no data other than a log of the times  I have called paypal, along with the paypal phone number, which is public information and on your site. It contains no personal information. Please care to review the image again if necessary, but deleting it should not be necessary given the information this image holds is times in which I made phone calls.

fpaypal.png

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @FireyLake,

I'm sorry that your image had to be removed. Please note the forum rules, which state that no phone numbers are allowed in the forum. This would go for images as well as text. Allowing numbers to be posted in the forum, even legitimate ones, creates an environment where fraudsters may be able to slip in phishing numbers unnoticed. We take great pains to protect this community from phishing. We appreciate your cooperation in that aim.

I'm also very sorry to hear that you've had difficulty linking your bank, and that your calls to support have not resulted in allowing the bank to be linked. If you have reviewed all the information here and still cannot link a bank that meets all the listed criteria, only customer service would be able to assist, since account-specific help cannot be given in the forum.

I am really sorry to hear that return calls did not occur. If you would like to try a method of contact that does not require that you commit time to a phone call, there are options for email, chat, and social media contact as well. Please click Help & Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page for contact options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.

I hope this is resolved quickly for you going forward.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

djmac2
New Community Member

I received the same treatment. 

Call them,  they took me thru the script  & couldn't help  - They promised a supervisor would call me back and nothing

Please PayPal community - please get the bank account link issue noticed  

Reply if you have also had this happen to you!!

Login to Me Too

FireyLake
Contributor
Contributor

fpaypal.png2019-01-23 16_17_20-Reply Message-Message Center.png
I have contacted Paypal customer service Via messenger and have once again not received a call back. I am politely requesting my issue to be escalated to someone located in the United States that actually cares about helping me resolving my problem.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@FireyLake

You need to contact customer services to resolve any account issues.
Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

FireyLake
Contributor
Contributor

You already said that. You seem to have not read the thread where I've contacted them a multitude of times in various methods.

Login to Me Too

soulaymaa
Contributor
Contributor

I've contacted Paypal over 11 times for my refund that hasnt appeared in my account for over 2 months now! And I never even heard a peep from them, ive contacted on the phone (which doesnt even ring half of the time), email and resolution center. Im soooo sick and tired of this "reputable" company not even having an ounce of customer service!

Login to Me Too

Beattle
Contributor
Contributor

HOW LONG DID IT TAKE A REFUND TO YOUR MASTERCARD ? PLEASE

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.