How do you inform PayPal about upcoming business promotion?

LK49
Contributor
Contributor

I've heard of other people having problems when they had an unusual increase in payments coming into their accounts. So I want to inform them I'm hosting a promotion now and will have funds coming in. Up to now, I've not had any activity on the business account. I saw it mentioned but when I clicked the update link it just took me to my Summary page. Anyone know how to do this?

thanks

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Michael

Hi, LK49. Your concern about the activity in your account prompting inquiries from PayPal is understandable. It's good to be proactive!

PayPal reviews accounts on a regular basis, and routine requests for information are sent out as needed. The best thing to do is to keep an eye on your email account and PayPal account for any notifications, and respond to any requests right away.

I understand your point of view that action by PayPal could pose a problem, but it's really no different than any other business relationship. Responding right away to requests for information is the best way to go.

If you want to provide information ahead of time, you could send a message by logging on, clicking Contact at the bottom of any page and then clicking Email Us. You could also call Customer Service and ask that information be added in a note on the account. Log on, click Contact and then click Call Us to see the phone number for the Customer Service Center in your region and see a pass code that will help you get through the automated phone system.

As a general rule, reviewing and following the requirements/guidelines in the User Agreement (click Legal at the bottom of any page when logged on) may also be helpful in avoiding problems in the first place. Just so you know, if you do provide information ahead of time, PayPal may still need to ask for other information as the need arises.

I hope this is helpful. Thanks for being a part of the PayPal Community!

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

barryrodgers
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

The button ( in "My Profile">"My Account Settings">"My Upcoming Promotions") for doing this has not been working for ages. It would be good if it was fixed or removed if you don't want to fix it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.