How do people pay money into my paypal account

Raydiator
Contributor
Contributor

What details do I give someone who wants to pay money into my paypal account ?  Do I give them my merchant name, my merchant ID or my real name ?  If a company wants to pay me for something, what information should I give them ?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_paula

Hi Raydiator,

Receiving money with PayPal is easy!

All you need is a PayPal account with a confirmed email address.

Your email address is the only thing somebody needs to send you money. As soon as the payment has been credited to your PayPal account, we will notify you by email. You may then withdraw the funds to your bank account straight away or keep the money in your PayPal account for future online transactions.

All your transactions are stored in your account History, so you can keep track of them.
I hope this helps
Paula

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
59 REPLIES 59
Solved

PayPal_paula

Hi Raydiator,

Receiving money with PayPal is easy!

All you need is a PayPal account with a confirmed email address.

Your email address is the only thing somebody needs to send you money. As soon as the payment has been credited to your PayPal account, we will notify you by email. You may then withdraw the funds to your bank account straight away or keep the money in your PayPal account for future online transactions.

All your transactions are stored in your account History, so you can keep track of them.
I hope this helps
Paula
Login to Me Too

Raydiator
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks very much for the info, it sounds nice and easy Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

rayroberts
New Community Member

Hello, i would like to send moneyn to someone's paypal account, they sent me the account number but i can't seem to get it right, please help.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi rayroberts, 

In order to send funds from one PayPal account to another you would need the other person's email address. Once you have their email address all you will need to do is click on the "send money" tab and enter the details. 

If you are sending this payment for an item you have purchased be sure to tick the goods option when you are sending your payment.

I hope this helps 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

holland2386
Contributor
Contributor
By only seeing pictures someone wants to buy my motorcycle. Is persistantly asking for my paypal email address to pay for it. He hasn't emailed me only text a couple times. How do I know if he is legitimate. And can he scam/hack my account just with my email address? Please help this is my first time with paypal.
Login to Me Too

BusiiBee
New Community Member

What if the person doesn't have a paypal account? does that mean they can't pay you through paypal?

Login to Me Too

jodimaus
Contributor
Contributor
I have someone who wants to pay lg amount of money for 5th wheel and then send a delivery service to pick it up with them only seeing it in pics on craigslist. They want my paypal account email address to put the money in. Is there a way this could be a scam? How long after money is in paypal should we wait to let then pick it up
Login to Me Too

cuddlybob61

somebody wants to put money into my account and then they are sending somebody around to pick up the thing im selling is that ok to do now

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.