How do know if I will get paid

benowen
Contributor
Contributor

So I am trying to sell something online and I am going to post it.

I sent a payment request to someone and got an email back saying it was from paypal confirming the payment.

On my account the payment request just says pending and no money has been put on hold. The buyer says this is paypals new feature to protect the buyer.

What do I do.

PS. this is the first time I have really used paypal.

Thanks,

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

benowen
Contributor
Contributor

I cannot post the sent emails as I get "The message body contains [email address] which is not permitted in this community. Please remove this content before sending your post."

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Jae

Hi @benowen,

Great question. First, we will want to ensure the emails you received are truly from PayPal. Here is how you can spot fake emails and how you can report them from our Help Center. 

If a customer sent a payment, even if it may not be available immediately, it will reflect within your PayPal balance. If your balance is showing 0.00, this means the payment was not legitimate or the invoice request is not complete. We advise you to not ship your product until you see money within your PayPal balance on our official site. We would not hide payments from you.

If you are showing a balance, but it is not yet available, these are the typical reasons why. If the money is pending, and you would like the funds to be released sooner, we recommend you to provide tracking information to PayPal and the buyer. 

I hope this helps!

- Jae 

Login to Me Too

benowen
Contributor
Contributor
Ya. Was a scammer. I waited for PayPay to update and it did not. Also the transaction IDs did not match. I think they guy was planning on stealing the product because the shipping address given was to an industrial estate. He also insisted I respond through the email XD with the postal tracking information. I sent him a grabify link and he was where he said he was. I stopped responding to me after I told her what phone and ISP he was using haha. Horrible people 😞
Login to Me Too

benowen
Contributor
Contributor
Ya. Was a scammer. I waited for PayPay to update and it did not. Also the transaction IDs did not match. I think they guy was planning on stealing the product because the shipping address given was to an industrial estate. He also insisted I respond through the email XD with the postal tracking information. I sent him a grabify link and he was where he said he was. I stopped responding to me after I told her what phone and ISP he was using haha. Horrible people 😞
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Jae

That is unfortunate @benowen.

I'm sorry the sale wasn't successful. We hope you have better experiences in the future! If you need additional assistance with account specifics, please feel free to contact us on Facebook and Twitter as well. Thank you.

- Jae

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.