How do I sign up for micropayment reduced fees?

A1mightyDog
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal mentions this micropayment feature but does not allow us to find the sign-up page. Selling small personal items on ebay for 0.99p plus 3.10 postage leaves me with a couple of pence (if I'm lucky) after working with FOUR parties: the courier, ebay, the customer and Paypal), with the Auction Platform and the Bank (ebay and PayPal) taking virtually everything because the fees also apply to postage. After all that work, I now realise that I'm slaving to provide these huge companies with money and leaving my own wallet empty. Where is the incentive to find decent homes for my stuff when I have a clearout? It really would be easier to chuck all those comics and vinyl records in the bin than spend hours writing descriptions, then the big boys snatch all the proceeds. Over half my auction items sell for the basic 0.99 opening bid. Surely, if PayPal wants activity, it should allow me to access their micropayment sign-up procedure, OR BETTER STILL, automatically apply reduced fees where the payments coming in are below a certain threshold? Please can someone help now that I've realised I'm being corporately fleeced?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@A1mightyDog 

I sell loads on Facebook LOCAL pages for selling stuff you want rid of, no fees and cash on collection.

However if you want to use micropayments you have to contact customer services and get that option enabled on to your paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@A1mightyDog 

I sell loads on Facebook LOCAL pages for selling stuff you want rid of, no fees and cash on collection.

However if you want to use micropayments you have to contact customer services and get that option enabled on to your paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.