How do I sign in to Community again, to respond on a previous message subject string?

ogregon1
Contributor
Contributor

I posed a problem several days ago and @sharpiemarker responded elegantly ... I send a reply of appreciation, ended up following his advice, but the problem persists.   PayPal Community sent me an email last night asking if my problem was solved.  Now I am trying to get back in to the Community forum as my original Community identity @ogregon, but Community keeps wanting me to select a new Community identity to get in.  Which I think I did to get in here.   

But I'd like to sign in as my original Community identity, but for the life of me can't find where/how to do that!   I can't remember if it requires a password, and whether or not I selected one!    Ah, the joys of being old ...🙄  

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ogregon1 

You can't use a VPN to hide your IP address and Google Voice number to pretend you're in the US using a US account and US based info. It won't work. PayPal has ways to track this for security. That's why you are having problems with the account. PayPal accounts are country specific. If you move to MX, you must open an MX account. There are federal regulations and financial regulations PayPal is oblige to follow. 

Are you using the same device as you used when living in the US? Do not use account with a VPN to obscure your location. Its all in the cookies/data saved on the device and having valid US based info, and letting PayPal know you want to use your US account while in Mexico then you can use US account properly.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ogregon1 

You can't use a VPN to hide your IP address and Google Voice number to pretend you're in the US using a US account and US based info. It won't work. PayPal has ways to track this for security. That's why you are having problems with the account. PayPal accounts are country specific. If you move to MX, you must open an MX account. There are federal regulations and financial regulations PayPal is oblige to follow. 

Are you using the same device as you used when living in the US? Do not use account with a VPN to obscure your location. Its all in the cookies/data saved on the device and having valid US based info, and letting PayPal know you want to use your US account while in Mexico then you can use US account properly.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.