cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I move my refund back to my credit card?

How do I move my refund back to my credit card?

I reserved a room using my Discover Card which happens to be the card linked to my PayPal account. I cancelled the room and the proprietor refunded me through PayPal. Is there anyway to move the funds from PayPal to my Discover credit card? I don’t want to have to pay the Discover bill and then have a credit with PayPal. Thanks
4 REPLIES
Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Re: How do I move my refund back to my credit card?

If you paid with a card, the refund will be credited back to that card - it can take up to 30 days (hopefully sooner) for the credit to appear on your statement.

How your money is refunded depends on how you made the original payment.

* If you paid with a credit card, the money is refunded to your card.
* If the card you paid with is closed or invalid, the money will still be refunded to your credit card account.
* If you paid with your bank or PayPal account balance, the money is refunded to your PayPal account.   After you have received the refund, you can withdraw money from your PayPal balance to your bank account.
* If you paid using a credit card and your PayPal account balance, the amount paid by credit card is refunded to your card. The remaining amount is refunded to your PayPal account.
* If you paid using PayPal Credit, the amount is refunded to your PayPal Credit account.
* If you paid with a debit card, the amount is refunded to your debit card.  If the refund cannot be applied to your debit card, it will be applied to your PayPal balance.

Refunds to credit or debit cards can take up to 30 days depending on the card company involved.

Tags (1)

Thanks GreenGear, I paid with a valid credit card but was refunded through PayPal, the owner happens to be a friend and just refunded it through PayPal. I don’t want to ask her to undo her refund if I don’t have to so I was just wondering if I could move the refund to my CC since it’s the card that is connected to my PayPal.
Contributor

The refund should automatically be credited back to your card since that is what you used for the transaction. Only if you fund a transaction with bank or balance, would the refund go to your PayPal balance.
Volunteer Advisor

@Sprinkalou

I expect you mean that your friend 'sent' you a Paypal payment rather than using the 'refund' option, yes?

If so then no you can't withdraw to a credit card only to a bank account or debit card.

That is unless your other card is a pre-paid card that accepts transfers and is supported by Paypal.

Advice is voluntarily given.
Kudos / Solution appreciated if I helped you.