New to the community? Welcome! Please read our Community Rules and Guidelines
Chat with our moderator team Wednesdays between 1-2pm PT (4-5pm ET) and Fridays between 4-5pm GMT. Learn more in Community Events
If you paid with a card, the refund will be credited back to that card - it can take up to 30 days (hopefully sooner) for the credit to appear on your statement.
How your money is refunded depends on how you made the original payment.
* If you paid with a credit card, the money is refunded to your card.
* If the card you paid with is closed or invalid, the money will still be refunded to your credit card account.
* If you paid with your bank or PayPal account balance, the money is refunded to your PayPal account. After you have received the refund, you can withdraw money from your PayPal balance to your bank account.
* If you paid using a credit card and your PayPal account balance, the amount paid by credit card is refunded to your card. The remaining amount is refunded to your PayPal account.
* If you paid using PayPal Credit, the amount is refunded to your PayPal Credit account.
* If you paid with a debit card, the amount is refunded to your debit card. If the refund cannot be applied to your debit card, it will be applied to your PayPal balance.
Refunds to credit or debit cards can take up to 30 days depending on the card company involved.
I expect you mean that your friend 'sent' you a Paypal payment rather than using the 'refund' option, yes?
If so then no you can't withdraw to a credit card only to a bank account or debit card.
That is unless your other card is a pre-paid card that accepts transfers and is supported by Paypal.