How do I make it harder to send payments with Pay Pal?

msmeads
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately, I get a lot of scam and phishing emails. Some of them are borderline. I often make a payment thinking that I am paying for something and it ends up going to a person I don't' know. For example, I thought I was making a donation to a group the other day but it ended up going to an unknown person unaffiliated with the group! I did not realize this until after the payment was made and I saw the receipt, however Pay Pal declined my refund request.

While I realize it is my fault for not reading the fine print or being smarter about online scams. But I would like to continue to use Pay Pal. I just wish there was an 'extra security mode' where it emails me (I cann't do texts) a summary of the transaction, like an itemized contract, and then I could click OK to make the payment. Right now, it's too much easy one-click stuff and so fast. It makes it easy for seniors such as myself to get scammed. Seems like I am being targeted on a daily basis!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

msmeads
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you. I didn't have one-click enabled. I'm thinking maybe I'm too prone to scams and should not be using Pay Pal. It's just so hard teo tell real offers and correspondence from malfeasance.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@msmeads 

To turn off one-click

Go here:

https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/security/

Click Update, next to Auto login, then click Disable.

Unfortunately, there isn’t an extra security mode that emails you a “summary of the transaction, like an itemized contract, and then you could click OK to make the payment“. Especially if you are buying off a website and you go through PayPal checkout process.

The seller would have to manually send you an PayPal invoice by you contacting their customer service, telling them what you want to order.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too
Solved

msmeads
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you. I didn't have one-click enabled. I'm thinking maybe I'm too prone to scams and should not be using Pay Pal. It's just so hard teo tell real offers and correspondence from malfeasance.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.