How do I just set up a PayPal Cash account?

DWW256
New Community Member
I have searched the internet but with no luck--everybody seems eager to tell me what the prerequisites and features for a PayPal Cash account are, but nobody will just tell me HOW TO SET UP the stupid thing. Where is the button?!?!
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DWW256 

You can only set it up when you are receiving a payment and it asks you to Accept it or Claim it and that's when you confirm some personal info and then the process converts your PayPal balance to a PayPal Cash/Cash Plus account. 

Process explained here:

Policy updates and user agreement changes to Personal PayPal accounts

More info:

What can I do with my personal PayPal account, PayPal Cash account or PayPal Cash Plus account?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DWW256 

You can only set it up when you are receiving a payment and it asks you to Accept it or Claim it and that's when you confirm some personal info and then the process converts your PayPal balance to a PayPal Cash/Cash Plus account. 

Process explained here:

Policy updates and user agreement changes to Personal PayPal accounts

More info:

What can I do with my personal PayPal account, PayPal Cash account or PayPal Cash Plus account?

Login to Me Too

DWW256
New Community Member
Sigh...I was hoping there was another way. Oh well, I guess I can make that work.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DWW256 

Yeah so in the mean time, you can't use the PayPal balance features (ie. park funds in the balance, pay with the balance, add funds to the balance) but can select your linked funding sources to make a purchase or send money.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.