How do I block money requests

Carly-dunn1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I've got someone constantly asking for money via PayPal money request. How do I go about blocking this person from doing this please? Also how do I block from sending money to them and remove them from my personal PayPal account please?

Login to Me Too
66 REPLIES 66

brentfranklin1
New Community Member
From people
Login to Me Too

Arrowgon
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing. Ex-girl friend keeps begging me for money. I don't want to hear from her anymore. She uses the request to send messages. Can you help?
Login to Me Too

Tess_08
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @Carly-dunn1 Welcome to community forum. Im sorry to hear that someone constantly asking you to send money. However we dont have a feature to block someone who sends money request. You might consider changing your email address. You can definitely remove them from your contact list. Please follow the steps on how to remove contact from your PayPal address book 1. Go to Send and Request. 2. Click Contacts at the top of the page. 3. Select the contact you'd like to remove, then click Remove this contact. Thank you.
Login to Me Too

Shel8
New Community Member
That’s not enough. These are fraudsters requesting money, someone we don’t know that is not in our contacts. We need a way to block them.
Login to Me Too

cbordeman
New Community Member

Yup.  This is is a lawsuit waiting to happen if PayPal doesn't make some minimal effort to combat it!

Login to Me Too

Ferowin
Contributor
Contributor
There is now an option to block people in the iPhone app. I don’t know about the web site or Android app. 1. Open the app. 2. Select the “Send” button. Your PayPal contracts will be on the send page. 3. Click the three dots to the right of the offender’s name, then click Block. 4. Grab a drink.
Login to Me Too

Kuzu420

this only works for contacts that you already have in your address book... i got a money request from person that i don't know, but she uses the same name as mine. Obviously it's a scammer, i don't feel safe on paypal anymore... so, how to block UNKNOWN PERSONS MONEY REQUESTS? i can't block that person, or even report about it! Then how to get rid of that? what if i will get more requests like this??? please fix this, i don't want to be scammed.

(i sent a money request for that scammer too :DDD and i said i will show her profile to police since i don't know her)

Login to Me Too

ctemple28
Contributor
Contributor

I have the contact blocked, but I still receive Money Request.  There should at least be an "OPT OUT" feature for the Money Request.  I don't understand why that would be a problem to do for the technical people who set these things up.

Login to Me Too

teslapc
New Community Member

This is the dumbest answer I have ever seen. The answer would be to make that option available.

Seriously maybe two weeks worth of coding on the team.

Over at facebook we could have done this in 8 hours.

ridiculous.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.