How do I block money requests

Carly-dunn1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I've got someone constantly asking for money via PayPal money request. How do I go about blocking this person from doing this please? Also how do I block from sending money to them and remove them from my personal PayPal account please?

Login to Me Too
66 REPLIES 66

Al1ce
Contributor
Contributor
Same happened to me today I wanted to upload a picture of the email I received from PayPal but no option to add picture here, basically someone requests £896 from me for argos vouchers, but in the message section they are imposing to be PayPal saying we identify freud call this number urgently, which I didn’t and declined and blocked the person, but they only need to change their email and do it again. My point is you are. It doing anything to protect vulnerable people by allowing this, there should be an option to block requests as I never received these, and don’t want to, it’s up to me if I want to send money, I will be taking this up with fair trading standards as this is a security issue that needs to be addressed
Login to Me Too

TabbyCatKing
New Community Member

I strongly recommend Paypal to add a feature to have an option to limit only friends/contacts can send money request.

I strongly recommend Paypal to add a feature to report unsolicited money request. 

I kept receiving money requests in past few months in 8.88 HKD from unknown Paypal accounts, which all registered using temporary Email addresses. These money requests all contains message text which prompts sexual and gambling content.

This is an abuse of Paypal money request feature to send advertisement, just like the spam campaign happened to Apple calendar invites couple years ago.

There is also a risk that people may accidentally click yes to pay these fraudsters the amount they requested.  

Login to Me Too

FargoUT
New Community Member

I don't know if this works, but if you go to "Send & Request", click on your "Contacts", select a contact, and you should see this "Block this contact" link. I don't know if this will do what you are trying to achieve though.

FargoUT_0-1595870534384.png

Login to Me Too

kirjoh

This does work, but unfortunately only works if that person is in your contacts.

Login to Me Too

mv271
Contributor
Contributor

Received at fake invoice regarding a domain for $54 from some Russian hacker. 

Watch out for this email!

Login to Me Too

Ferowin
Contributor
Contributor
There is now an option to block people in the iPhone app. I don’t know about the web site or Android app. 1. Open the app. 2. Select the “Send” button. Your PayPal contracts will be on the send page. 3. Click the three dots to the right of the offender’s name, then click Block. 4. Grab a drink.
Login to Me Too

Arrowgon
Contributor
Contributor
Awesome! Thank you! I see it in Android. I am so excited to try it. I hope it works the way it is expected to work.
Login to Me Too

big_seller
New Community Member

I don't like this request money function. There are fraud requests keep changing the name and I can't block them. I would rather delete the paypal account to keep my money safe.

Login to Me Too

FlowBee
Contributor
Contributor

This is all well and good IF the sender is in your contacts.  Unf. Paypal has allowed the possibility of any idiot with an e-mail list to send out such requests.  What is NEEDED is a means to block any UNSOLICITED requests... LIMITING it to those in your contact list.  If it's legit, a person would no doubt be willing to add that contact!  Of course you could just "cancel" it... but why would I WANT to send a scammer an e-mail telling them that they GOT THROUGH????  

So now I have no means to remove this entry from my list, without further compromising my email because YOU will let them know I cancelled it.  Thanks!

Login to Me Too

firestorm31
Contributor
Contributor

this is for the Windows PC.

do this. 

go to send/request page.

put in that  person's email address.

send .01 to that person's email.

that person's email will show up in your contact.

from there you go to that person's email in the contact list and block the email.

I tried it. it works.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.