How can i see if someone have bad reference/rating

kesmarc
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, im actualy trying to buy something with another paypal user. is there anyway if i can se if he is a trustable user or if he has good or bad ref?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Who is the seller? Is it a reputable website or just some random person? Where did you meet them? What are you buying? Is a small, expensive item? Do you have any specific reason to believe they aren't reputable? What funding source do you plan to use for the payment?

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

kesmarc
Contributor
Contributor

he is a seller on the website Kijiji its like a smaller Ebay. but there is no rating on there. i wanted to know if u can know the trust from a user using his paypal email or something, or atleast know if he has bad reputation

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

Does that site offer a feedback system and this seller is simply new, or do they not offer anything at all?

There really isn't anything for reputation in PayPal directly, but I would just make sure to review the Buyer Protection rules and make sure you're protected that way (and follow the proper procedures for it.)

PayPal Buyer Protection covers you for items that you have bought in the event that you do not receive your item, or the item is significantly not as described.

You are eligible for PayPal Buyer Protection if:

• You didn’t receive the item or the item is significantly not as described.
  • You used PayPal, an eBay invoice or clicked the ‘Pay Now’ button to purchase the item.
  • You paid for the item with one payment (items purchased with multiple payments are not eligible for Buyer Protection).
  • The claim is for tangible, physical goods that can be posted and are not prohibited by PayPal. Payments for intangibles, services, licences and other digital content are not protected
  • You file a dispute in your PayPal account via the 'Resolution Center' within 45 days of the payment. If you cannot resolve the dispute with your seller, ask PayPal to investigate by escalating the dispute to a claim within 20 days of the date the dispute was opened

To learn more about PayPal Buyer Protection and to see the full eligibility requirements, click ‘Legal Agreements’ at the bottom of any PayPal page, and then click ‘PayPal User Agreement.’

Hope this helps!

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.