How can I send a set amount to one of my children each month

LukeDouglas2
Contributor
Contributor

I would like to automatically send a set amount of money to one of my children each month on a set day of the month.  How can I do this?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

What you have in mind it not supported. 

The process would actually have to work in reverse.  Assuming who you want the money to go to, they would need a Business Account.  Next they setup a Subscription button or link with a set amount and send it to you.  You go through the Checkout process - from there you are billed a set amount each month.   The receiver is charged a transaction processing fee each month on the total amount received and the balance is deposited into their account balance.

Realistically, this method is not an ideal solution, there are fees and depending on the age of child (must be 18 or older to open a PayPal Account) may not be eligible to open a PayPal Account.   (Business accounts support Subscriptions whereas Personal Accounts do not.)

As an alternative option, contact your local bank - it's possible they may have a solution that would be more practical.  (Just my personal thoughts.)

Login to Me Too

LukeDouglas2
Contributor
Contributor

GreenGear,

Thanks for responding so quickly.  Frankly, I'm a bit shocked that PayPal has not setup this functionality with so many people using PayPal both personal and business, as I do.  My children do not have nor need a business account so I guess I'm SOL. LOL  

Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Note, you can use the Send Money feature - there's just no options for setting up an automatic schedule - perhaps if enough people request the option, who knows.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.