How can I ensure I receive my money when selling product to Canadian address?

Pinche_Adam
Contributor
Contributor
I sold a car part to someone in Canada through an online forum. He paid the shipping cost, so I thought all good and sent the package. It was later brought to my attention that my ups tracking number will only be good up until the point where they hand the package off to Canadian postal service. I figured ups would still make delivery at guys house. That being said, how will I ever get my money, if it is on hold until package is delivered to persons address? Should I void shipment while I still can? I'm afraid he will say he never got it and I will never be able to prove it.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Pinche_Adam 

With the new seller hold funds are released when tracking shows delivery of the item to the buyer, if tracking for whatever reason does not show as delivered then the funds are still released but you have to wait 21 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Pinche_Adam
Contributor
Contributor
Firstly, thank you for taking the time to give some insight. I would agree that your answer probably is correct, my concern is that after the package is turned over to Canada, it's basically lost to me and PayPal. So even if he receives package a few days after it gets in canada, ups, PayPal and obviously myself, would have no proof. So couldn't he say he never got it, then paypal would release the money back to him because it would look like it never got to the address provided.? Which is the number 1 stipulation in order for PayPal to release the money. Maybe I'm not thinking 100%, but it seems like i only get paid if guy is honest even though its so easy for him to get the item and keep the money, even honest people might do it. And given the cost of the item, I don't know if I should take the chance
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.