How Paypal is a dated, deplorable, god awful way to send money DO NOT USE IT

Kwalker22
New Community Member

So i haven't used PayPal in years. When i finally decided to use it to accept a deposit check -as it was my tenants only way to electronically send me the money- i failed to realize i was dealing with the criminal enterprise that is PayPal. 

My initial problem was that PayPal charged me 20.00 dollars as a "service fee". How is it that every other money transfer app charges an nth of what this dinosaur of a money transferring application charges? How does robbing customers of an unreasonable quantity of money stack up against reasonable transaction fees, charged by decent companies like Zelle and Venmo? I guess the answer is it's their way to rape people's Ebay transactions.

Next up was the god awful, lying customer service machine that didn't let me speak to a human until I told it I needed to report a sexual assault - after about 20 + attempts to resolve my conflict via phone and through their automated message system ran by what i assume is an old, broken calculator, glued to an Alexa.

When i finally spoke to a poor human that I was told earlier didn't exist by the voicemail machine that likely runs PayPal the company, he informed me that I would need to refund the funds and have them sent as a "friends and family" purchase. This is fine and dandy, but i just cashed a check based on this deposit that is probably going to end up costing me over 100.00 in overdraft and **bleep** service fees.

I wish i had the time to sue PayPal but i don't.

Next time i will just use an honest service.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.