How Do I Change My Business Account Fees to Micropayments? Where's the Link?

CME_Inc
Contributor
Contributor

I've seen complaints about not being able to find the link or information on how to sign up for Micropayments as early as May 2013. This is horrific. It's 2019, nearly 6 years later, and I still cannot find one piece of relevant information, nor a link, to sign up for the lower fees.

I need to sell digital goods, (song downloads from my band website) at $0.99 for single songs, and albums at $5 and $10 along with low cost merchandise. I can't afford to pay $0.33 per $0.99 song download. That's highway robbery!

I've been trying for quite a while to get a response from the PayPal site and from the Twitter site. No reply at all! I can't launch my band website for record sales until I have the lower fees, so I'm losing potential sales daily.  I refuse to give PayPal 1/3 of my earnings for every $0.99 sale. That's ludicrous! 

If you already have Micropayment fees, please tell me how you got them. If you know how to get the Micropayment fees, please provide that information with the link (if there is one), to sign up. Do not send me to the "Fees" page as the PayPal website suggests, because there is NO information on Micropayments there. And, the Micropayment's page does not tell you how to sign up! UGGGH!!!

Blessings!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

CME_Inc
Contributor
Contributor

I'm happy to say that I was able to switch my account over to Micropayments by speaking to an agent via the "Live Chat" option. He said it  takes about 24hrs. You can also call PayPal's Customer Service, but I prefer the speed of the Internet vs. the phones. 

If you choose "chat" be sure you get the "Live Chat" and not the virtual chat, because the virtual chat is automated responses and doesn't recognize anything having to do with Micropayments. 

I wish I could tell you the easiest way to get to the "Live Chat," option, but I stumbled upon it myself. You should be able to find it somewhere in "Customer Support."

Happy Sales, fellow merchants!

Blessings!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

CME_Inc
Contributor
Contributor

I'm happy to say that I was able to switch my account over to Micropayments by speaking to an agent via the "Live Chat" option. He said it  takes about 24hrs. You can also call PayPal's Customer Service, but I prefer the speed of the Internet vs. the phones. 

If you choose "chat" be sure you get the "Live Chat" and not the virtual chat, because the virtual chat is automated responses and doesn't recognize anything having to do with Micropayments. 

I wish I could tell you the easiest way to get to the "Live Chat," option, but I stumbled upon it myself. You should be able to find it somewhere in "Customer Support."

Happy Sales, fellow merchants!

Blessings!

Login to Me Too

CharlesTan85
Contributor
Contributor

There's no LIVE CHAT, there's no response from Customer Service. This is quite possibly the worst customer service experience I've had. Will someone from PayPal please contact me? Why is it so difficult?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi CharlesTan85, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

Please contact our Customer Support team by phone, email, Facebook or Twitter. Our Customer Support will need to request the payment type is changed to Micropayments for you, I'm afraid it is not possible to request this yourself. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

CRH_55

I'm trying to. Where are all the contact details?

I keep getting sent around virtual assistants and docs.

Login to Me Too

CRH_55

There is no Live Chat option!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.