How Are Complaints Against Customer Service Created?

StephenDClark
Contributor
Contributor

I very recently had a terrible customer service call center experience in which a customer service representative (CSR) informed me that she was unable to resolve my inquiry and would have to transfer my call to another department. She informed me that I would be briefly placed on hold and then someone in this other department would pick up my call.

While I waited for whomever this other representative might be, I performed other tasks at my computer while wearing a headset. After a while, I noticed that more than 50 minutes had elapsed since beginning my call. I hung up the phone and called back. When I finally got through to the next call center CSR, she informed me that the department for which I had been waiting on hold so long had closed for the day and wouldn't be able to help me with my original problem until the next day.

That made me very angry. When the first CSR placed me on hold, she was giggling at what I thought was a separate conversation in the background. Now I suspect that she had another reason to laugh.

I want to complain about my terrible customer service experience, but, from what I can tell, PayPal has neglected to supply a way to do that. Or am I missing something?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
13 REPLIES 13

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@StephenDClark

Not sure what you are wanting to complain about, the giggling may have had nothing to do with you.

Also if you phone towards closing time of a department then of course there is a risk that they have closed before you get through........presumably others were waiting as well and got through first..........happened to me phoning the tax office the other day, I just phoned back in the morning !!

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

StephenDClark
Contributor
Contributor

Do you know how to create a PayPal complaint about a bad customer experience like the one I had?

I'm looking for an answer specific to my question. Thanks.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@StephenDClark

You can send them an email if you want to waste your time?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

StephenDClark
Contributor
Contributor

The topics for which PaPal supplies email options are:

Password and account access
Payments
Account profile and setup

Disputes and account limitations
Business solutions.

None of those options present the opportunity to accomplish what I need to do. If you're concerned about me wasting my time, then please supply the email address or pathway I can use. Thank you.

Login to Me Too

StephenDClark
Contributor
Contributor

Well, thank you. I wish that had been your first answer.

Login to Me Too

sjnanner

Link no longer works.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sjnanner

Yes it does, but I posted it for the original person who started the thread who was in the US so I posted the .com link.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

sjnanner

Try it.  It gives a "Page not found" error.  At least to me.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.